Vision and Values
Our School Vision Statement
To give our children the widest range of experiences so that they can reach and expand their potential, and to prepare them to become productive, responsible, ethical, creative and compassionate members of society.
At Gorseybrigg Primary School & Nursery all the staff are committed to:
- Helping everyone enjoy learning and achieve success in every aspect of their lives.
- Demonstrating a positive “can do” approach to dealing with situations and being an example to others.
- Having a solutions driven approach to situations
- Always demonstrating a professional approach in their dealings with others.
- Providing a safe and caring place where everyone is valued and respected.
- Demonstrating and expecting the highest standards in work and behaviour.
- Encouraging everyone to make positive contributions in school and the wider community.
- Preparing pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
- Raising spiritual, moral, social, and cultural awareness and developing respect for everyone.
- Providing the highest standards of teaching, learning and care in a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Developing confident and independent learners with a growth mind-set.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Encouraging partnership between children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community.
Our School Values were decided upon following a list of recommendations to the pupils, staff and parents by our School Council in September 2017.
The whole community voted from a list of 12 options and the final 6 values chosen are as follows...
Our overarching value is that we will always try to be:
The best we can be!
These values are intrinsic in all that we do; they are on display around school and form an important part of our whole school rewards system.