Sports Premium 2022-23
Sport Premium is funding for primary schools aimed at sustainably improving the provision of physical education and sport, as well as encouraging the development of healthy, active lifestyles in all children. Funding for schools is based on £16,000 per school plus £10 per pupil. This will continue for the 2022-23 academic year.
Our school aims to use this money to continue to improve our offer to our pupils, purchase new resources and ensure that our staff are well trained and able to deliver a varied and exciting programme. In 2019-20 we worked with a local organisation (Qualitas) to coordinate a range of competitions and events for our pupils in all year groups. They also organised many of our After School Clubs. Since 2021-22, we are now supported by the SHAPE Partnership, in order to enable us to link more frequently and effectively with our local schools in a range of sporting activities and events. In addition, we have used funds to develop our wider health and wellbeing objectives, which will enable us to offer more pupils an opportunity to engage with our Forest Schools programme, as well as continue to improve our outdoor spaces in order to encourage more exercise and physical activity. Please see below for a more detailed overview of our aims for this academic year:
Our core aims for 2022-23 include:
- Attend a wide range of sporting events across all age ranges through the School Games Programme, ensuring that pupils all have an opportunity to participate.
- Engage in the Bikeability programme
- Train Y5 pupils to be Mini Leaders, as part of the Healthy Schools Initiative
- Purchase new equipment, ensuring that pupils can access lessons of the highest quality
- Continue to develop our playground spaces to offer a wider range of activities
- Train more staff in the delivery of Forest Schools and start to roll out the programme in KS1 and KS2 from Spring 2023
- Ensure that our coordinators attend regular network meetings, enabling them to be at the cutting edge of new initiatives and guidance.
- Revisit the Play Leader training programme with our Midday staff
- Keep all resources updated so that they are of the highest quality for pupils
- Begin to investigate ways to improve our school football pitches and look into letting these out when completed.