Advice to Volunteers and Visitors
Fire & Evacuation
- Your host will explain what to do in the case of emergencies and fire alarms.
- The alarm is a continuous bell. You must leave the building by the nearest exit.
- Stay with your host as they will escort you to the assembly point and ensure that you are recorded present by the administration staff.
- The assembly point is on the main back playground.
- Do not take any personal risks.
- You must not re-enter the building until told it is safe to do so.
If you need first aid or feel unwell, please go to the reception and they will call a first aider.
Health & Safety
Contractors must ensure that they are fully conversant with the safety rules and regulations to be observed by contractors working on site.
As a visitor to Gorseybrigg Primary school and nursery it is essential that you follow any Health and Safety guidelines that may apply. By doing so, you will assist us in meeting the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
Gorseybrigg Primary school and nursery operates a no smoking policy. Please do not smoke anywhere on the school site.